Unity Partnership is a wholly owned company of Oldham Council which provides professional, outsourced services to both public and private sector clients, specialising in local authorities and the health and education sectors in Greater Manchester and the North West. As subject-matter experts, we achieve the best possible outcomes for our clients by adding value, driving innovation and increasing efficiencies to improve services and reduce costs. Our services include:
We recognise that both the private and public sectors, particularly local government, are in an ongoing period of change and have ever demanding strategic objectives relating to the social and economic well-being of their communities. Our strategic partnership model combines service delivery with a range of social value activities designed to enrich the lives of those in the communities in which we work.
As a wholly-owned company of Oldham Council and a key part of the partnership of public services working to improve the town, we share in Oldham’s “FORWARD” values
We also have our own company values which were defined by our staff.
- Passionate – We care about the work we do and we strive to do our best every day with energy and enthusiasm.
- Professional – We are responsive, courteous and respectful and aim always to deliver to the highest standards that we can take pride in.
- Collaborative – We listen and learn from each other, we take ownership and responsibility together to achieve our goals, face challenges, and learn from our experiences together, with a no blame culture.
- Honest – We build trust and confidence by being honest, open and respectful with others and by keeping our promises.
- Outcome focussed – We ensure that we deliver excellence by focussing on the needs of our customers and work actively to overcome barriers and to be efficient and effective.
As well as offering competitive salaries and an opportunity to contribute to one of the most innovative and co-operative public-private partnerships in the North, we also offer a generous range of staff benefits.
- Pensions – a competitive pension with a leading provider
- Employee assistance programme – 24/7 support
- Flexible working – enabled by dynamic policies and evolving technology
- Health benefits – a range of free and optional paid offers
- Annual leave purchase scheme – buy extra leave
- Social and charitable development opportunities – life enhancing volunteering and mentoring opportunities
- Fit for Oldham – our new and innovative health and wellbeing programme
Located between Manchester and the beautiful Yorkshire countryside, Oldham is a place that is committed to a co-operative future. We want citizens, partners and our staff to work together to create a confident and ambitious place. Becoming a co-operative borough is about everybody doing their bit and everybody benefitting.
Since the industrial revolution Oldham has been a thriving town rooted in the North West’s rich cotton spinning heritage. At one point the most productive cotton spinning town in the world, it has evolved into a dynamic place which around 220,000 people call home. A community which, throughout its history and thanks to its industrial success has welcomed workers from all parts of the world, Oldham is now a cultural kaleidoscope which benefits from its diverse and varied population.
Oldham has benefited from unprecedented investment in recent years and a number of key projects are now coming to fruition. The Old Town Hall reopened in October 2016 changing the landscape of the town centre. The £36m investment has seen the building transformed into a modern state-of-the-art seven screen Odeon cinema with six restaurants and a spectacular new square. The Old Town Hall has been a catalyst for investment in the town centre and more and more investors are now seeing Oldham as a place to do business.
Already home to a number of strong independent and family-run businesses, the town is attracting more people and increasing footfall as people choose to shop, spend their leisure time and work in Oldham. Metrolink, which opened in the borough in 2014, has made Oldham more accessible than ever with three town centre stops and Manchester City Centre 25 minutes away by direct tram.
From sportspeople and supermodels to entertainers of all varieties and even one of the world’s foremost particle physicists, Brian Cox, the town has been home to some of Britain’s best loved people who have contributed an enormous amount to the nation’s academic and cultural heritage.
Famous faces from Oldham include sporting legends like Paul Scholes and former England football, cricket and rugby captains, David Platt, Michael Atherton and Kevin Sinfield. Oldham is also home to supermodels Agyness Deyn and Karen Elson, acclaimed actresses Sarah Lancashire and Shobna Gulati and music stars like Mark Owen and the world famous DJ, Carl Cox.