“The professional way in which the officers engage with Councillors and the public really helps with the implementation of complex schemes” Carol Brown, Director of Environmental Services
Our team is led by specialist engineers with over 30 years’ experience in collision investigation and highway safety design.
Having worked with and delivered road safety projects for Oldham Council, Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) and Highways England (HE), we have led Oldham to be the top-performing local authorities for casualty reduction.
We operate a fully integrated casualty reduction, highway improvement and maintenance team.
We are helping local authorities meet and exceed obligations under Section 39 of the Road Traffic Act by:
- Monitoring and investigating the frequency, severity and nature of all road traffic injury collisions on our classified and un-classified highway networks.
- Delivering road safety skills and training in schools and local communities.
- Engaging members, stakeholders and emergency services to develop specialised engineering, enforce transport laws and educate those using the highways network.
- Schemes are reviewed against road safety best practice and incorporated into cost-neutral improvement strategies through existing highway maintenance programmes.
- Providing a list of viable countermeasures in annual capital programmes as part of national bid opportunities.
- Providing a road safety audit service for internal and external clients.